Chronic pain is a serious issue that affects millions of people in the United States. If you are one of those people, you know how difficult it can be to find relief from your pain. There are many different types of chronic pain treatment available, but which one is right for you? In this blog post, we will discuss five common treatments for chronic pain available at Clearway Pain Solutions.
What is Chronic Pain?
If you are living with chronic pain, you are not alone. According to the CDC, approximately 50 million U.S. adults had chronic pain and 8% of US adults had high-impact chronic pain. Chronic pain is defined as any type of pain that lasts for more than three months. It can be caused by a wide variety of conditions, including arthritis, cancer, fibromyalgia, and nerve damage. Chronic pain can make it difficult to perform everyday activities and can have a negative impact on your quality of life.
5 Types of Treatment for Chronic Pain
There are many treatment options available for chronic pain, including interventional pain management, physical therapy, medication management, bracing and chiropractic care. The right type of treatment for you will depend on the cause of your pain, the severity of your symptoms, and your overall health. Some common types of chronic pain treatment include:
Interventional Pain Management
This type of treatment is minimally invasive and can be very effective in treating chronic pain with minimal side effects. Interventional pain management includes:
- Discography: This is a procedure that is used to diagnose discogenic pain. Discography involves injecting a small amount of dye into the discs in your spine. This procedure can help to identify which discs are causing pain.
- Epidural Steroid Injections: Epidural steroid injections are used to treat inflammation and pain in the spine. The steroids are injected into the epidural space, which is the space around the spinal cord.
- Facet Joint Injections: Facet joint injections are used to treat pain in the facet joints. The facet joints are the small joints in your spine that allow your spine to move.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Radiofrequency ablation is a procedure that is used to treat pain by heating up a small area of nerve tissue. This procedure can help to reduce pain by blocking the nerve signals that are causing pain.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: Spinal cord stimulation is a procedure that is used to treat chronic pain. This procedure involves implantation of a small device that sends electrical impulses to the spinal cord. This can help to block the pain signals that are being sent to the brain.
- Intradiscal Treatments: Intradiscal treatments are used to treat pain in the discs.
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Injection: SI joint injections are used to treat pain in the SI joints. The SI joints are the joints that connect your spine to your pelvis.
- Vertiflex Interspinous Stabilization: Vertiflex interspinous stabilization is a minimally invasive procedure that is used to treat pain in the spine. This procedure involves implantation of a small device that stabilizes the spine.
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery System: The intrathecal drug delivery system is a pump that is used to deliver pain medication directly to the spinal cord. This can help to reduce the amount of pain medication that you need to take.
- Endoscopic Rhizotomy: Endoscopic rhizotomy is a minimally invasive procedure that is used to treat pain in the spine. This procedure involves cutting off the nerve roots that are causing pain.
Another common chronic pain treatment is physical therapy. Physical therapy can help to improve range of motion, flexibility, and strength. It can also help to decrease pain by helping the body to heal itself. Physical therapy is often used in conjunction with other forms of treatment, such as medication management. At Clearway Pain Solutions, we can create a custom physical therapy plan based on your needs. Our physical therapy exercises include:
- Strengthening exercises
- Low-impact aerobics training
- Pain relief exercises
- Massage therapy
If you have any questions about the treatments we offer, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at (850) 547-6814. We look forward to helping you find relief from your chronic pain.
One common chronic pain treatment is medication management. This type of treatment involves working with a pain specialist to develop a plan to take medication that will help control your pain. Medication management can be an effective way to manage chronic pain, but it is important to remember that it is only one part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
There are a variety of braces that can be used to treat chronic pain. The type of brace that is right for you will depend on the source of your pain. At Clearway Pain Solutions, we will work with you to find the best brace for your needs. Some of the braces that we offer include:
- Back braces
- Neck braces
- Shoulder braces
- Elbow braces
- Wrist/hand braces
- Knee braces
- Ankle/foot braces
Chiropractic care can help to reduce pain by aligning the spine and correcting any misalignments. Chiropractic care can also help to improve range of motion and flexibility. At Clearway Pain Solutions, we offer chiropractic treatment programs to help with a range of conditions, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, joint pain, and arthritis. We also offer massage therapy, which can help to relax the muscles and improve blood circulation.
Which Treatment is Right for You?
At Clearway Pain Solutions, we understand that each patient is unique and therefore no two treatment plans should be the same. We work with each patient to develop a tailored treatment plan that meets their individual needs. Our goal is to provide our patients with the best possible care so they can live a pain-free life.
The best way to determine which type of chronic pain treatment is right for you is to schedule a consultation with a pain specialist. At Clearway Pain Solutions, we offer a variety of chronic pain treatments, and we will work with you to create a custom treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. To schedule a consultation, please call us at 850-547-6814. We look forward to helping you find relief from your chronic pain.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
If you are living with chronic pain, the team at Clearway Pain Solutions can help. We offer a variety of treatment options that can be customized to meet your needs. To learn more about our services, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today.