What to do if you are injured in an accident while on Spring Break in the Gulf Coast

During spring break, the population of the Gulf Coast increases significantly as travelers rush to enjoy the beautiful scenery and good weather. This surge in population makes Florida’s Gulf Coast an exciting place to be, but it also increases the risk of having an accident on the busy roads. If you end up in a collision, follow these steps to protect your physical, emotional and financial health.


Stay Safe


Immediately after a road traffic accident, your first priority should be your physical well-being. Check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries, and call 911 if anyone is seriously hurt. If you are able to move, get yourself to a safe place, such as the roadside shoulder or a sidewalk. Leave your vehicle where it is, but turn on the hazard lights to make it visible to other drivers. In Florida, you must report accidents to the police when someone is injured, so give them a call right away.


Exchange Information


Next, exchange information with the other driver. As well as basic contact information, you’ll also need to know the driver’s insurance company and policy number, the license plate of the vehicle, its model and color, and the location of the accident.

Get Checked Out


Even if you think your injuries are only minor, it’s still a good idea to get checked out by a doctor. Musculoskeletal and spinal injuries are very common results of road traffic accidents, and they can become worse if not treated properly. A doctor can assess your injuries and suggest the most appropriate type of treatment to support your recovery, whether that’s physical therapy, massage therapy or chiropractic care.

Clearway Pain Solutions Institute


A good place to seek medical care after an accident is the Clearway Pain Solutions’ Motor Vehicle Accident Center. Here, doctors offer a comprehensive approach to helping you recover from a road traffic accident, which can help you get back on your feet and avoid the burden of long-term pain. If you’ve been injured in a spring break accident, don’t hesitate to contact the Clearway to get the medical help you need.